Sunday, November 25, 2012

FLAMINGO Collage



  I did this project at the start of the school year. I saw a picture on Pinterest and I wanted my students to do a similar version of the painting. Students could decide to draw their own contour of the bird or could trace using the tracers I made. I also had pictures I printed off. This was before I received my Smart Board. Now I do not print out handouts anymore. I just put the images on the Smart Board. So much easier plus I save paper and time.


 I had students use newsprint for the head and body and newspaper for the beak.


Now time to splatter!!! The students really enjoyed this part. I taped newspaper to the wall and placed newspaper on the floor. I had different shades/colors of pink for students to use. 

 Some students used large googly eyes. The googly eyes really looked cute. I am not a huge fan of googly eyes but sometimes they do make a project look better.

1 comment:

  1. These flamingos are beautiful.
    I love how the newspaper was used in this project.

    ReplyDelete